- The work that Sethule Orphans’ Trust (hereinafter referred to as ‘Sethule’) does and the communities that we help, depend on the generosity of our donors, as well as the goodwill and trust of partners and various stakeholders. At Sethule, we are therefore committed to protecting any personal information that we obtain about you, whether you are visiting the Sethule website or are a member, financial supporter or volunteer.
Purpose of this Policy
- This PrivacyPolicy sets out how we obtain, use and protect any personal information that you provide to us or that we may collect about you, whether online, via phone, text, email, in letters or in any other correspondence.
The type of data that we collect
- When a person contacts Sethule, makes a donation or signs up to any of our activities or online content, such as newsletters, telephone conversations, email/writing to Sethule, or engaging with us via our social media channels, we may collect, or receive, and retain personal information about you. This information may be your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations.
- By submitting your details, you enable Sethule or in some instances any sub-contractors we may use to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content that you may select.
- Sethule will not request anyone to provide“sensitive personal data” or sensitive information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information and political opinion. However, if a person voluntarily furnishes us with such information in emails or other communications hosted by our website, this shall be deemed as consent to the collection and processing of such data by Sethule. It is advisable to exclude any sensitive information in your communications with us, or through our site if you do not wish Sethule to collect and process such data.
- When browsing the site as an anonymous visitor, we may collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses; which is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
- We may also collect contact details if you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, and use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or“submit” the form. This will be done only to ascertain whether we can assist you with any problems you might have encountered with the form or with our website.We may combine the information we collect about you and the information you give to us with information we receive from other sources.
Use of the information collected by Sethule
Sethule will use the information collected as follows;
- When you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, Sethule undertakes to use the information only for that purpose. We will not share, trade or sell this information with outside parties.
- To confirm receipt of donations (unless you have asked us not to do this), and to say thank you and provide details of how your donation might be used.
- For internal record keeping so as to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- Your information may be used to give you updates on our new projects. The information that you submit on our website or over the phone will not be used to give you updates purpose unless a registration form is filled out.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email that we receive. We undertake not to use such addresses for any other purpose and not to share them with outside parties.
- Sethule does not sell, rent, give away or share its email addresses or other personal contact information with outside sources. also Sethule does not send mailings on behalf of other organisations.
- Should any material changes be made to the ways in which we use your personal data, Sethule, will take commercially reasonable measures to obtain written or email consent from you. We will also post the changes to our use of personal information on our website at least 30 days prior to a change.
Storage of personal data.
- Sethule uses a third party data processor to store personal data. Through a data processing agreement that Sethule has with the data processor, Sethule has ensured that;
- The data processor only processes personal data on the written instructions of Sethule.
- The data processor does not engage another processor without Sethule’s written consent.
- The data processor has implemented the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data.
- The data processor will delete or return personal data to Sethule when the data processor is no longer required to process the personal data, and to delete any copies unless the law requires the processor to keep the personal data.
- Furthermore, Sethule ensures that personal data is only accessed by Sethule personnel on a “need to know” basis. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing of personal information/data.
- Sethule will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive requests for donations or financial assistance from other organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
- With your consent, we may share your information with selected third parties, including data processors, our service providers, associated organisations and agents who help us to prepare and send the materials relating to our projects and fundraising activities. These third parties will only act under our instruction, and will be bound by confidentiality agreements.
- We will ensure that these third parties do not to use your personal data for their own purposes and we will take care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
- Please note, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sethule, our stakeholders, partners or others.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
- Where Sethule reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
The period for which we will keep your personal information.
- We will keep your information for the duration of your involvement with Sethule, unless you ask us to delete your personal data at an earlier time.
- If you cease to become involved with Sethule, or if you ask us to delete your personal data at an earlier time, we will delete all the information that we hold on you within 120 days, save for information which is reasonable for us to retain in order to fulfil our objectives or information we are required to retain by law.
Your Data Protection Rights
- Sethule, would like to ensure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights.
- While you are involved with Sethule, you will be entitled to the following data protection right;
- The right to access:You have the right to request a copy of your personal data held by Sethule.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request Sethule to correct any data about you, that you believe is incorrect. If you would like to verify the data we have received from you or to make corrections to it, you may contact us directly.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request Sethule to erase all or part of your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request Sethule to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Sethule.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request Sethule to transfer your personal data to another organisation or directly to you.
- Right to opt out of Sethule Communications: If you have registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name and contact information removed from our distribution/mailing lists.
- In particular, you may wish to check this page each time you submit personal information to Sethule. If you do not agree to these changes, then please do not continue to use the site.