- 1To help provide access to education for children who otherwise might not be able to afford school fees etc
- 2To support students in their education and careers, financially, through mentorship and entry to reputable schools and colleges.
- 3To support students in their talents and potential.
- 4To campaign for and promote the interests of young people academically and support their achievements.
- 5To work in partnership with stakeholders, including former beneficiaries, to achieve these objectives.
The Sethule Orphans’ Trust scholarship fund is a child protection intervention aimed at empowering children from vulnerable and poor families. The fund is in support of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the Zimbabwean Constitution and is in line with the Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4) on quality education. The aim is to empower through education (primary, secondary and tertiary).
Currently, 40 students (11 boarding scholars, 25 day scholars and four in university) are benefiting through finance for tuition fees, school uniforms, stationery hampers and boarding groceries. We work with children, families, communities and government to advocate at local and international levels for children to be afforded quality education on a par with other more privileged children.
Your donation will go a long way to bring smiles to the children as you give them the right to an education.For more information, visit our donation box for the different options you can explore.